Cigarette To Blame For House Fire

włodi, Flickr

By Staff-4-2,2015

An improperly disposed cigarette is to blame for a deck fire at a home in the 500 block of East 8th Street Wednesday afternoon.

Cheyenne Fire & Rescue investigators determined the cause of the fire was accidental. No injuries were reported.

Firefighters were called out to single-family residence at 3:06 p.m. and arrived at 3:12 p.m. When firefighters arrived on scene, they quickly extinguished the wood deck attached to the back of the home. Firefighters had the fire out in less than 10 minutes. There was no damage to the house.

Two occupants of the home were able to escape.

Damage was estimated at $5,000.